Sunday, November 25, 2012

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket [Left to right: Non Stop Cherry, Forever Scarlet, Relentless Raisin] [Also note: I took this photo right after applying to my hand...the color dries to a matte texture, but with the top gloss it becomes..well, glossy lol]

 Hey beauties! While these are not new to the drugstore market, I had to write a review on these babies. I have had these three colors in my makeup collection for I want to say about a year or so now, but they seemed to have gotten lost in my mass of lip products. I wish that I had used/tried them more closer to when I actually purchased them because I would return them in a heartbeat! I don't want to just tell you all about the awesome products out there [even though that's the fun part], but you need to know what to skip in the store as well! So this is my review on the Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor! "All day lipcolor and gloss that works overtime! ColorStay Overtime™ Lipcolor covers your lips in full coverage color and shine for up to 16 hours, no touch-ups needed. One end smoothes on advanced ColorStay™ liquid formula with SoftFlex™ for beautiful, comfortable color that won't kiss off, feather or bleed. The other end brushes on a moisturizing top coat with chamomile and soy extract for all-day glossy softness. Available in 26 gorgeous shades." [Revlon Website] These are the promises that Revlon has for this product. I have to disagree with everything except for the fact that I love how the colors look on my lips! They are really beautiful shades! I wore Forever Scarlet today to work and I had to go to the bathroom within an hour of putting it on my lips because I was focusing too much on my lips instead of work! When I think of a long-lasting lip color that I supposedly don't have to touch up on, I want that to be the case! This stuff immediately dried my lips out and it felt really sticky which I didn't appreciate at all. I think the worst part about this product is that near the end of the first hour I had the product on my lips, it was starting to peel. I could literally feel the color cracking and peeling and coming off of my lips. I didn't want to fiddle or worry about whether or not my lips would be coming off, so off went the lipcolor. So I definitely disagree with this product lasting for 16 hours and touch up free. I also accidentally touched my lips with my hand, and some of the color transferred. This was long after I had let my lips dry and everything. Would I dare try and give a special someone a smooch with this stuff? Heck no! If it came off onto my lips with a small tap from my fingers I doubt I would trust this for a makeout session lets be real. LOL. These lipcolors run for about $9.99, depending on what drugstore you go to. I honestly think I probably got them on sale, which at least drugstores regularly have Revlon lip products on sale. If they actually lived up to their potential, I wouldn't mind paying $10 or so. It would be worth not having to fuss over it! But, since they don't do what they are supposed to, I feel like its a lot of wasted money! [don't remind me I have 3 of them :/ ]

 Like I said, I absolutely adore the color selection. I love the rich, deep colors and each of the three shades that I bought [Non Stop Cherry, Forever Scarlet, Relentless Raisin] are all really flattering on my skin tone. If only these colors were in a different formula!!!! What is also nice about the product is that it is easy to use. I'm not just talking about the process of putting the lip color on first and then the top glossy coat. I am referring to the brushes. I think you really are able to have a lot of control with these brushes. When using a lip color that is supposed to stay on my lips for 16 hours, I don't want to mess up! It was easy to trace and fill my lips without any mistakes! Hopefully after reading this you get some good insight on a drugstore product that in my opinion, you should all stay away from.

 Hope you all didn't overload on Thanksgiving and that you survived Black Friday as well! Always, Aimee XO

No comments:

Post a Comment