Monday, February 4, 2013

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipsticks

 photo ScreenShot2013-02-04at91953PM_zps3ad8be30.png  photo P1011766_zps46db3c4d.jpg  photo P1011761_zpse4dda982.jpg  photo P1011776_zpsc60c50c9.jpg


I can't contain myself when it comes to an awesome lip product.  I am a lip junkie and no matter how many lip products I have, I will always keep trying out whatever catches my eye.  I have seen a ton of YouTube videos on people loving these Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids lipsticks and just by seeing the different shades people have been showing, I knew that I was going to be obsessed as well.  I love love love bright lip colors!  They are so fun to rock and it pretty much screams my personality in a small tube.  I think its a fun way to go outside the box without being too crazy.  It was really hard for me to choose which ones to get ( I was trying to not go overboard lol).  I decided to only purchase 2 lipsticks.  They were buy one get one 50% off at CVS; each one running $7.49.  I think it's a smidge pricey, but now that I know that I love these lipsticks, I'll be sure to be on the look out for these at Wal-Mart.  The shades I chose were "Hot Plum" and "Vivid Rose".  I have olive skin and these two colors look awesome with my skin tone.  In the tube the two shades look very different from each other and even looking at my swatches you can obviously tell the difference between the two shades.  However, on my lips, they do look rather similar.  I can personally tell the difference between the two, the Hot Plum has more of a purple undertone.  But if you are looking for a few shades that look vastly different from each other I would suggest maybe choosing one shade or the other; not both.  I used a lip liner with the Hot Plum yesterday when I wore the lipstick and it seriously lasted all day long.  I ate a breakfast burrito, drank some cider, and was talking all day at work (it was a busy busy busy Super Bowl day might I add) and the lipstick was still on my lips after an 8 hour workday.  I was absolutely impressed.  I used to think that lip liners were a gimmick product to be quite honest, but I am sold on it now.  I truly believe that the main reason why my lipstick lasted all day was because of the lip liner.  These lipsticks go on very smooth, they have a very creamy consistency.  They weren't the most hydrating lipsticks in the world but it didn't dry out my lips completely either.  Maybelline always does a great job with cute packaging that is simple and sleek.  I can't really say I have any complaints about this product.  Of course I would love for it to be hydrating like the Whispers or Revlon lip butters, but I can sacrifice that for the awesome pigmentation that these lipsticks have.  I highly recommend these lipsticks for anyone looking for a fun way to stand out.  I definitely will be purchasing some more colors because I love them so much.  Have any of you tried the Maybelline Vivids?  If so, let me know in the comments below what your favorite shade(s) is!

Always,

Aimee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment