Tuesday, September 20, 2011

5 Fav Lip Balms!

As a special request from my dear sissy, I am here to talk about my 5 favorite lip balms....but I'm sure you were well aware of that from the title!!!  I definitely am a girl with on OBSESSION with lip products.  I have about a million lipglosses, lipsticks, lipstains....you name it, I probably have it or have tried it!  But lip balms are great for the everyday wear and also because they are so low maintenance!  Just slap it on and you're good to go!  There isn't much need for a mirror to make sure the product is correctly in place or on your teeth :)  The main purpose of lip balms is to give your lips protection and moisture!  Your lips will thank you for thinking of them, I assure you :)  So lets get started! ( btw...these are in no particular order in case you are wondering....)

1.  EOS Lipbalms

Left to right: Strawberry Sorbet, Sweet Mint, Medicated Tangerine, Honeysuckle Honeydew,  Summer Fruit ,  Lemon Drop SPF 15

Aren't these things the cutest?  I absolutely love the packaging and yes, they do look like little Easter eggs!  They are so fun and I am obsessed with these suckers!  I actually have every flavor except for the Strawberry Sorbet. I have found all of my lip spheres from Rite Aid and CVS, not too sure where else they have them.  These lipbalms all go on smooth and clear and that's what I love about them.  These are perfect if you want to wear your lips bare or if you want to prime your lips for a lipstick or if you want to give your lips some moisture after using a lipstain as well.  These lipbalms also are gluten free, paraben free, petrolatum free and phthalate free and are 95% organic and 100% all natural.   So in other words, its healthy for your lippies!  These are also very inexpensive, they are around $2.99 and whats great about them is that they have a lot of product in the sphere!  So well worth the $3!


2. LipSmacker in Dr.Pepper


Now this product has to be one of my favorites of all time! I have been a faithful user of this product since my junior high days and let me tell you, that has been a LONG TIME AGO!!!!!  This product as well is super super cheap, like a buck and some change.  It is easily accessible, you can find it at any drugstore out there.  But what I love most about this product is that it gives the perfect slight tint to your lips.  It is seriously the perfect shade!  The balm is hydrating as well and the reason why I find myself reapplying the product over and over is simply because I love it and the smell, not necessarily because I need more on my lips!  


3. Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil



This product is very similar to the Dr.Pepper Lipsmackers, but it is on the pricier side.  Some people are just really in to the whole organic and all natural thing and so that's where you have a product like Burt's Bees.  I love this product because it gives a nice slight tint to my lips.  But the main difference that I see between this product and Dr.Pepper is that it doesn't give off that glossy effect.  Now if you're someone that's looking for something a little more matte without as much shine then this is the product for you.   It smells great and keeps my lips well hydrated!  Burt's Bees products have been making their way around drugstores a lot more.  I would say that Wal Mart is going to be the place to find their products the cheapest.  


4. Maybelline Pop Stick in Fruit Punch




I have all 4 of the colors but I love the Fruit Punch flavor the best.  I am writing about this one simply because I love it so much, but unfortunately, it is a limited edition product.  So if you can get your hands on one, I recommend this flavor!  I found mine at CVS.  I know that Wal Mart for sure doesn't have them but I think Walgreens does.  These are a little more expensive, they were $5.99 at CVS which is on the pricier side for sure.  But this is why I love these things.  You know how your lips look right after you eat a popcicle?  That is the kind of tint these babies give you and they are super moisturizing.  I love the packaging how it looks like a lipstick, but it reminds me of jello too because its clear!  Also, the hot pink casing is just as cute.  

5. Blistex Silk and Shine


This is a great lipbalm and have been using this for years now.  One of my favorite ways to wear this is to wear a lip liner close to the shade of my natural lip color, blend out the edges and put this on top!  It really is silky and it gives your lips a great shine!  It also has spf 15 which is a great plus for everyday wear and you can pretty much do anything with this product.  You can find this anywhere you go pretty much and it will cost you around $2 at drugstores, but sometimes if you look closely, they have great sales on these!




Here are swatches of the products that I mentioned (except EOS woops)....
Left to right: Burts Bees, Blistex, Dr.Pepper and Fruit Punch

This is just to give you an idea as far as tint goes, they all kinda look similarly just as shiny, but I think they all look different on the lips!

Hope this was helpful!

Until next time.........


Always,

Aimee :)




                 



No comments:

Post a Comment