Thursday, May 24, 2012

Simple v. Hope

It's been awhile bloggerverse!  Hope you all have been having a fabulous spring so far!  My life has been revamping with a lot of different changes and I am so excited where life is taking me.  I honestly think for the first time in a LONGGGGG time I am finally at peace and looking forward to my future.  I have been taking some time away to sorta gather myself together and get to that good place in life.  I am kinda a spaz and while I can't change who I am as a person, I can make some changes to keep myself from stressing and freaking out so much over things that I can't control.  That has been a challenge for me to overcome and I think that I am slowly learning how to not let everything affect me in a personal way.  So that's been what's been going on in the neighborhood here :)....Now on to the good stuff :)

A few months ago when I repurchased my Clarisonic Mia at Sephora, I was recommended to use the Philosophy Hope In a Jar Oil Free Moisturizer.  This moisturizer is truly very nice, one of the best ones I had ever tried.  It was so light on my skin and soaked in and I really felt like my skin was hydrated without being greasy.  I have combination skin but I do get oily in my t-zone, but this moisturizer didn't make me shiny throughout the day like some of my other moisturizers and I appreciated that.  I can definitely also see why at Sephora I was recommended this specific moisturizer because it has a bit of Salicylic Acid in that to help control acne prone skin.  While I fell in love with this moisturizer, I had a very hard time justifying spending a whopping $39 for a measly 2oz bottle.  REALLY?! 2oz is barely any product!  If I stuck to this moisturizer, I would have to pretty much shell out the bucks for a new bottle every month and a half.  It just didn't seem like my best option.  I wanted to search for a dupe because I like being a frugalista.  There are always other options, you just have to look hard enough.



And now, my new discovery!  I went to Wal-Mart on a quest to try out the Simple Skin Care line.  I had seen some ads in my magazines and heard a little bit of interest on YouTube about the well known United Kingdom drugstore brand.  Everything in the line ranges from about $4-$10, all very inexpensive.  I picked up a day and night cream as well as a toner.  I was very impressed by how much I fell in love with these products.  Simple is known and advertises as being for people with sensitive skin.  While I do have combination skin, my skin is also very sensitive.  These moisturizers did exactly the same thing as the Philosophy one, but for a major fraction of the cost and for double the product!  The day moisturizer that I purchased you get 4.2oz.  I have been using the moisturizer for over 2 months now and I am just at the halfway mark of the bottle!  I also like how it is very similar to the Philosophy Hope in A Jar in that it has virtually no fragrance to it.  This is important to me because I just don't care for a face moisturizer smelling too strong, it just isn't appealing to me.  Another point that I can appreciate about this product is that it doesn't contain any harsh dyes and also includes Pro Vitamin B5 and Vitamin E. Even though I have been using a different skincare routine, I honestly feel like this moisturizer has been a big step in helping my skin get back to where it was so many months ago.  That is something to celebrate!!!!!  I am a happy girl when my skin is healthy and clear.  It's amazing how important skincare is to help with my confidence to take the world on knowing that people are looking at me instead of my breakouts!  Hope this helps and again, if you're looking for a wonderful, basic moisturizer, the Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer is a great everyday one!




Until next time....

Always,
Aimee



No comments:

Post a Comment