Wednesday, February 1, 2012

So Yesterday

That title makes me giggle to myself because I used to sing that song by Hilary Duff.  I was a huge Lizzie McGuire fan and Hilary Duff was like perfection to me back in the day.  Too funny!

Well, meat was so yesterday for me.  That's right, I am passing on the meat and becoming a vegetarian.  Why might you ask?  My mother has been a vegetarian for my entire life and for her own ethical reasons, she has chosen not to eat meat.  Growing up, my mom fed my sister and I meat.  We mostly had chicken breast (no bones hahaha) and turkey.  She also fed us a lot of soy products, so I'm assuming that's why I really like a lot of soy products now.  The only other time I have "tried" being a vegetarian was when I was like ten or something and that lasted about a day.  I don't really consider this an attempt due to the fact I had no real clue of what I was doing and had a horrible attention span.  I have always been conflicted eating meat throughout my life.  While I won't lie, I love a good steak every once in awhile, I always was thinking in the back of my mind about the entire process of the meat getting to the state of being on my plate.  If you know me personally, you will know that I am an animal lover.  I am that person that believes animals are one of the greatest of God's creations and that they have the most beautiful, gentle, souls.  I believe that they should be treated with kindness, respect and love.  On the other hand, I am that person that totally accepts others for what they believe in.  This is just what I believe.  I will never force my opinion on anyone, ever!  I will never judge anyone for decisions that they make.  I just want to throw that out there......  I just couldn't handle eating meat anymore.  I don't want to think about animals dying or how they are killed for that matter.  But again, this is just how my mind and heart works.  While I am sure it won't be easy at times, I think when I remember why I am doing it, it won't even make me miss meat at all.  :)

On another note, I know it has been a week since I have posted something on my blog.  I will be honest and let you know why.  My last post was about my marriage and the whole "process" of it all if you will.  While I received some great support from friends that read the post, I also received some not so great feedback.  I am human, things hurt my feelings.  I was at such an indescribable "high" for writing the post, it was so therapuetic for me.  It was a feeling of closure, for me to finally move on with my life.  The comments just hurt me and killed that special moment for me.  While it made me realize that I needed a break to figure out my feelings, it made me realize one thing; it's just words.  Everyone has a right to say what they want, as long as it is done in a respectful fashion.  But let's make one thing very clear, this is MY blog.  My blog is a place for me to express my own opinions.  If you don't like what I have to say, then don't read it!  This is a completely voluntary thing, you don't have to visit my site.  If you want a place of your own, I encourage you to start your own blog!  You would be amazed at how powerful it is to write.  Writing has always been one of my most favorite things to do in life and that is why I hold this blog very dear to my heart.  So please, keep the negativity away from my blog.

With all that being said, it is time for a new episode of Criminal Minds.  I hope you all have had a wonderful week so far!

Until next time......

Love Always,
Aims XO

No comments:

Post a Comment