Saturday, January 26, 2013

Yes To Cucumbers Facial Wipes



I originally received a sample size (10 facial wipes) in my Ipsy glam bag a few months ago and it wasn't until recently that I decided to give them a try.  These wipes are 98% natural, biodegradable, oil free, non comedogenic and hypoallergenic; specially made for sensitive skin.  Reading the packaging I was really excited to try these, it sounded so awesome!  I have tried some Yes to Tomatoes products before and I loved them, so I was naturally expecting that I was going to like these as well.  I have never really gotten on the makeup removing wipes bandwagon because I just felt like it was an unnecessary product to be honest.  I thought that it was just a waste of money when I could just wash my face to take off my makeup.  I have to say that I am sold on the makeup wipes concept now; keyword the "concept".   I really loved coming home from work and just grabbing a wipe to feel refreshed before a workout or just because I wanted to give my skin a chance to breathe.  I do have to say however, I am not really sure why this is an Allure beauty product award winner.  I have no other face wipe to compare it to, but I did not like them and I wouldn't purchase them.  I liked the light and fresh cucumber scent.  It was very refreshing for my skin and it made me "think" I was clean.  This wipe by no means is a one stop shop.  I could feel sticky buildup on my face and I literally could peel off little balls or pieces from the wipe that was left on my skin.  It was not able to take off my eye makeup.  I shouldn't have even tried swiping it over my eyes, it just made even more of a mess.  I would definitely recommend that you wash your face after using the wipes, which in my opinion defeats the entire purpose of the product.  I shouldn't have makeup left all over my still after using a facial wipe.  Like I said, I liked using it to take off majority of my makeup when I needed to workout or just have it off my face.  I shower at night so that's when I would be able to do my nightly facial routine and get off the remaining product off of my face.  I do have sensitive skin and my skin wasn't irritated by this product.  When I did try and take my eye makeup off, it didn't make my eyes burn at all which was a nice feature of this product.  On the Yes to Cucumbers website it says that for a pack of 30 facial wipes it costs $5.99.  I do feel like that is a bit expensive for facial wipes, but then again I also don't have any other wipes to compare them to.  All in all, I think there are going to be better facial wipe products out there that will do a better job.  I enjoyed the convenience of the wipes, but maybe I will just stick to traditionally washing my face and save a couple bucks for something else.  Tell me what your suggestions for good facial wipes down in the comments section if you'd like to share!

Always,

Aimee xx
Beauty product




No comments:

Post a Comment